CCDA Student Conduct
- Dancers will arrive 10 mins before class and be dress and ready to go promptly at the start time of their class. Students will not be allowed into class if they are late.
- Dancers are expected to arrive to and leave from the school with their dancewear properly covered.
- Dancers are expected to maintain clean and tidy student lounge and waiting areas.
- Only water is allowed in the studios.
- CCDA students are expected to put forth their best possible physical and intellectual effort and attention.
- In addition to following the DRESS REQUIREMENTS for their level, dancers must have their hair done appropriately for ballet class. This is part of the ballet discipline and aesthetic, and should be started at an early age.
- Dancers will take care and come to class with clean dancewear free of holes, tears, and rips.
- Running and loud, disruptive behavior are strictly prohibited at CCDA. Dancers are expected to enter the building and behave in a calm, cool, and collected, professional manner.
- Any student arriving more than 15 minutes late will not be admitted to class. For your safety and to receive full benefit from your class, please arrange for a make-up class if you expect to be very late.
- Studios will not be permitted into class if they are not in uniform.
- All students are encouraged not to leave the room once class has begun. Please allow for appropriate restroom use prior to class. Very young children will be treated sensitively as the need arises. Preschool children may need a parent’s attention from time to time for various reasons including bathroom or behavior issues. Please do not leave the waiting room when very young children are in class without informing the office or having another parent responsible during your absence. We make every effort to have all children feel safe and cared for in a loving and inspiring learning environment.
- School age children and teens: please practice respect. Students are not to be socializing in a disruptive manner during the class with other students. Please come early or stay late to enjoy friends in the waiting area. Please honor your teacher and fellow students by giving full attention and co-operation. You will be advised if we feel any student is not well adjusted to the classroom environment for any reason.
- During class if a student complains of being ill, or sustains an injury and cannot participate, the instructor will send them to the front desk where the parents will be notified if not on the premises.
- Only students with a preexisting sickness/injury are allowed to observe class. The parents must notify the front desk if a student is to observe class.
- Out of town guests may request to visit at any time throughout the year. No one else is allowed to sit and watch during regular class time.
- Dance class is education and fun, however, an important part of class work is developing an attitude of discipline and respect for teachers and fellow students. We trust that following our classroom etiquette will provide an environment whereby classes at CCDA will be a pleasure for all involved.
- Dancers are expected to attend all of their scheduled classes. Keep in mind your commitment to personal development and improvement.
- There will be no refunds for missed classes, however make-up classes can be arranged if you have informed the instructor or staff prior to the absence, otherwise make-ups will not be granted. Please contact the front desk should you need to schedule a make-up.
- Make-ups must be done during the month of the absence.
- We do not offer make-ups for holidays. Please read more about that here under “Information on Make-ups.
- Students or their parents are expected to email or call the studio to report absences.
Dress Requirements and Classroom Appearance
- Each level has a specific dress code with a different leotard color. Please be sure to refer to the DRESS REQUIREMENTS for your dancer’s level.
- Underwear should not be worn under tights and a leotard. Tights take place as underwear for dance.
- Appropriate dress and hairstyle are important part of the ballet aesthetic and discipline and are intended to inspire unity among classmates. Students will not be allowed to participate in class if they are not properly prepared i.e. in their uniform, with proper hair.
- Mid-length to long hair needs to be pulled back into a neat and secure bun. Use hairpins/bobbypins and a hair net to keep things in place. Short hair must be neatly pulled away from the face. No hair ornaments please, although crocheted bun covers and ribbons that match your leotard color are acceptable.
- No jewelry, however, small stud earrings are allowed.
- Parents are not allowed to observe their children during regular class periods unless they have made an appointment to do so under special circumstances. It is very distracting for children when their parents are watching, often times the child will not even want to participate.
- “Bench Days” are an opportunity for family and friends to observe dancers inside the studio. Bench Days take place twice a year.
- Please observe without talking, and with all cell phones turned to silent.
- Please plan to stay for the entire class period. It is distracting for the dancers to have guests coming and going.
- Please do not bring children under 3 unless they are capable of sitting quietly for an entire class period.
- Only water is allowed to drink in the studios. No other beverages or snacks are allowed.
- CCDA uses email as its primary means of communicating important and relevant information to parents. We request that you check your email regularly and notify us promptly of any address changes.
- Parents of dancers under the age of 12 need to come into the studio to pick up their dancer(s).
- Young siblings and friends of dancers waiting with parents must be tended to and kept quiet. Running and loud, disruptive behavior are strictly prohibited at CCDA.
- No food is allowed in the lobby.
- CCDA students are strongly encouraged to participate in the Annual Showcase each year held in June/July. Any costume and/or performance fees are in addition to regular annual tuition.
Holiday’s – Studio Closed
- Presidents Day February 19, 2018
- Spring Break April 2 – 7, 2018
- Memorial Day Weekend May 26 – 28, 2018
- Independence Day July 4, 2018
- Labor Day Weekend September 1 – 3, 2018
- Thanksgiving Break November 21 – 25, 2018
- Winter Break December 19, 2018 – January 2, 2019