Academy Policies and Expectations for our students
Capitol City Dance Academy students are held to a high standard. Please read the following to understand more our policies and what we expect from our students and families.
Students are expected to behave appropriately at all times, this includes no talking during class, no inappropriate talk in the lobby or restrooms, and treating fellow students and teachers with kindness and respect. CCDA maintains a zero-tolerance policy regarding bullying.
Academic Students arriving more than 5 minutes after their class has begun will be asked to sit and observe the class. Preparatory Students arriving more than 10 minutes after their class has already started will be asked to sit and observe the class. If a student is late, they should wait at the door of the studio until the teacher invites them in. Never enter any studio without being invited in by the teacher, this applies to both student and parent.
Absences and Make-up Policy
Students should always call the school and notify the front desk staff if they will be absent and would like to make up a missed classes. Absences may be made up in a class of their level or below if their absence is approved. Makeup classes are by appointment only and must be scheduled as soon as possible after the missed class Students are permitted a maximum of three make-ups per session. Students are not required to make up classes, this is optional and usually only allowed if a student is contagiously ill. Unused makeups cannot be rolled over to the new year or new session. Make-ups cannot be done during Parent’s Observation Week. Please note makeups are not permitted for academy holidays and breaks such as Thanksgiving Break, Christmas Break, and Spring Break.
Students must maintain their attendance and keep up with the technical requirements within their level, to be eligible to perform at the end of the year Showcase. If students are falling behind or missing classes, they will not be invited to perform even if they have paid the performance fee. Please understand it is critical your child attend their classes, so they are adequately prepared and know their performance pieces for the showcase.
Pandemics where the government requires closure out of our control for the protection of our students, families, and staff of the academy, the academy will close. However, makeups for missed classes due to closure will be granted when the academy is allowed to reopen. If your child is displaying ANY visible signs of illness they need to stay home. Please email us at email@example.com if your child will be missing classes.
In case of inclement weather, students should call the school to check for possible schedule changes. Flooding, heavy rain, snow, or hail would be the reason for the studio to close due to weather. Please note that refunds are not granted in cases of closure due to extreme weather. Extreme weather is considered an ``Act of God`` and out of our control.
CCDA is not responsible for lost or stolen items. If you choose to leave your items in the cubbies, you are doing so at your own risk.
Ballet Preparatory Division and Combo Classes
- Try your best to always be on time for class.
- Parents and caregivers must be present while children are not in class.
- Parents are caregivers are not permitted into the classroom.
- Please use the large sofa in the lobby and do not block the front door, front desk, or any walkways by sitting on the floor as this is a fire hazard and safety hazard where young children and instructors can trip and fall. If the sofa is full and there is no room, and you wish to sit on the floor, please do so against the walls to not block the walkway for dancers entering and exiting the building.
- Children should not run on the premises and are expected to use their indoor voices.
- If your child makes a mess, please respect the academy and pick up after your child.
- If your child needs to use the restroom, please accompany them. Parents must stay in the build while their dancer is in class if they are under 7. Teachers will not take your dancer to the bathroom; you must be there to take them.
- We do our best to keep the school a nut-free facility. Please only bring nut-free snacks into the academy.
- Valuables should not be left unattended. The school is not responsible for lost articles.